Logan Emmet Herlihy (logan @ how2lookgoodnaked.com) is a personal trainer at Discover Strength at Woodbury, Minnesota for over three years of experience and supervised over 5,200 HIT workouts. He is an ACSM and HITuni certified as a high intensity resistance exercise specialist.
Logan is a graduate of BS Broadcast Journalism with a minor in Exercise Science at the University of Central Florida. In his book How 2 Look Good Naked: The Least Amount Of Effort, To Look The Best With Your Clothes Off, Logan discusses easy to implement dietary and fasting guidelines, and workouts that are focused more on intensity than volume.
Listen to Logan’s first appearance on the podcast HERE
In this episode, Logan Herlihy shares his alcohol addiction story, how HIT and great mentors changed his life, Discover Strength’s virtual training process, other service offerings during COVID-19, and much more.
Lawrence will help you generate more online revenue inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 2:51 – Discover Strength’s pivot to virtual training
- 14:09 – How to thrive as a HIT business amidst COVID-19
- 17:25 – Virtual workouts and impact on in-person training
- 28:44 – Logan’s alcoholism journey
- 48:43 – Powerful benefits of therapy for men
- 55:06 – After rehab and meeting Kevin Ness
- 1:00:20 – Growing with Discover Strength
- 1:04:38 – How HIT changed Logan’s life
- 1:10:49 – Discover Strength’s unique business/team culture
- 1:17:23 – Valuable steps for businesses during COVID-19
- 1:20:59 – Pivot to alternative services
- 1:31:51 – COVID-19 impact on Logan
Selected Links from the Episode
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Discover Strength
- My Strength Studio / MYO Strong
- How 2 Look Good Naked: The Least Amount Of Effort, To Look The Best With Your Clothes Off by Logan Herlihy (website)
- Google Meet
- The Perfect Workout
- MedX Equipment
- RenEx Machines
- Nautilus Inc.
- Live Oak Strength
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Caron Treatment Center
- The Retreat
- Alcoholics Anonymous: The Big Book by Bill W.
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan Peterson
- World of Beer
- Nautilus Bulletins #1 and #2
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl