Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis and four other personal training facilities in Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions facilitated by educated and expert trainers. Their personal training facilities are among the highest volume/revenue training facilities in the United States.
Dr. Bryce Lee (bryce @ strength-space.com) is the Owner of StrengthSpace, a Private resistance training studio in Chesapeake, VA, where he also treats private physical therapy patients. He received his Doctorate from Columbia University, and his Bachelors of Science from Carnegie Mellon University. Before studying to become a physical therapist, he served for 7 years on active duty as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy. Now a Lieutenant Commander in the Naval Reserves, he continues to support joint operations and planning at unified combatant commands.
This is being published on March 18th 2020, during a challenging time for people all over the world. Following a swift economic collapse due to the spread of COVID-19, high intensity training studio owners are experiencing very hard times. Many of you are dealing with an onslaught of cancellations as people begin to self-isolate and many of you have bravely decided to close your studio(s) temporarily to protect your clientele, help flatten the curve, and unburden your healthcare system.
I have radically adjusted my own strategy and content schedule to ensure that I am doing my best to meet your needs during this period.
Right now, you may have the opportunity to step back and think about your business. In this episode, Luke Carlson provides guidance to Dr Bryce Lee on hiring and employment, marketing best practices, startup tips, and much, much more. Please use this episode and other episodes during this temporary shutdown to improve your business, ready to explode into action once normal service resumes.
Access Luke’s business strategies inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is also brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 5:56 – What is StrengthSpace? (mission, goals, challenges)
- 11:15 – Important factors to consider when hiring
- 19:28 – Marketing best practices to boost revenue
- 30:49 – Marketing tips for startups
- 37:47 – How to handle a client who had a bad day
- 40:57 – Designing training rates for max profit
- 43:05 – Startup growth process
- 46:33 – Setting up a front desk and online scheduling
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- Chesapeake, Virginia
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Fitness First of MN, Inc.
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS®)
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6)
- Wayne Thacker (Listen to my episode with Wayne HERE)
- Zig Ziglar
- Adam Grant
- Tim Ferriss (Listen to my episode with Tim HERE)
- Jim Collins
- Donald Miller
- Howard Schultz
- Steve Ritz (Listen to my podcast with Steve HERE)
- Gino Wickman
- Hannah Stael von Holstein (Listen to my episode with Hannah HERE)