Matt Hedman (matt.hedman @ theperfectworkout.com) is a Master Level Super Slow instructor and the founder/president of The Perfect Workout. He graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Washington. He worked briefly as an engineer in GE, until he found his passion for HIT, and pursued a career in personal fitness training.
In this episode, Matt Hedman shares his career journey, describes his business The Perfect Workout, how to track workout progress, tips on identifying your target market, and much more.
Access exclusive strategies from The Perfect Workout inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
This episode is also brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training professionals and researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my third appearance at REC. It’s my favourite weekend of the year, and I am so excited to attend again in March 2020.
So why should you attend REC?
Well, firstly, there will be keynote presentations from exercise icons like Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen, Stuart Phillips PhD, James Fisher PhD, and Luke Carlson.
As a studio owner, you will learn business tactics and strategies on how to grow your business from the CEO of Discover Strength, the highest revenue producing strength training company in the nation. Moreover, you will grow your network by connecting with other strength training business owners from around the world.
As a personal trainer, REC will provide you with tangible training techniques to take back to your clients to implement right away for better results. REC is approved by ACSM, NASM, ACE, and NSCA for continuing education credits.
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th March 2020 at the gorgeous Graduate Hotel, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Join me and register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class personal training and business network, you must attend. Please register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
- 5:22 – Matt’s REC experience
- 08:51 – Matt’s biceps
- 18:37 – Matt’s workout routine
- 24:12 – Best ways to track workout progress
- 31:26 – The Super Slow certification
- 34:57 – From engineer to personal trainer
- 49:30 – How The Perfect Workout started
- 1:03:48 – What is The Perfect Workout? What makes it unique?
- 1:08:04 – How to identify a target market
- 1:12:14 – Drawbacks of using emails
Selected Links from the Episode
- University of Washington
- General Electric (GE)
- The Perfect Workout
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Super Slow
- Bigger Muscles in 42 Days by Ellington Darden
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Johnson Space Center
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Super Slow: The Ultimate Exercise Protocol by Ken Hutchins
- Smith Machine
- Nautilus Machines
- San Diego, California
- Orange Theory
- Getting Things Done®
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
- Dr. Jeremy Loenneke (Listen to my episodes with Jeremy here: Part 1, Part 2)
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10 and Part 11)
- Dr. Ellington Darden
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Mike Mentzer
- Tim Ryan (Listen to my episode with Tim HERE)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6)
- Wayne Thacker (Listen to my episode with Wayne HERE)
- Celeste Fortier (Listen to my episode with Celeste HERE)
- Greg Anderson (Listen to my episode with Greg HERE)
- Ann-Marie Anderson (Listen to my episode with Ann-Marie HERE)
- Ken Hutchins
- Stephen Covey
- Tim Ferriss