Thom Tombs (thom @ smarterexercise.org) has a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, and is a former U.S. Marine and Senior IT Director for a fast-growing biotech company. He is a certified Super Slow instructor, and the proud owner of Smarter Exercise in Encinitas, CA which provides evidence based strength training services to clients of all ages and of all fitness levels. In the past 13 years, Thom has instructed over 30,000 individual strength training sessions.
Read Thom’s guest blog post HERE, where he talks about prospecting, pricing, and building a solid sales process.
In this episode, Thom talks about his Smart Exercise Toolkit, CAR.O.L bikes, HIT workouts, marketing campaigns, and much more.
Build your $1,000,000+ HIT studio and join Thom inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
Want to hear another episode on how the CAR.O.L bike may be a good fit for your HIT business? — Listen to my conversation with Sales and Marketing Director, Rahul Bernath, in which we discuss the genesis of CAR.O.L, it’s suitability in a HIT Business, how CAR.O.L can help to differentiate your business, and much, much more. (Stream below or right-click here to download):
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training professionals and researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my third appearance at REC. It’s my favourite weekend of the year, and I am so excited to attend again in March 2020.
So why should you attend REC?
Well, firstly, there will be keynote presentations from exercise icons like Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen, Stuart Phillips PhD, James Fisher PhD, and Luke Carlson.
As a studio owner, you will learn business tactics and strategies on how to grow your business from the CEO of Discover Strength, the highest revenue producing strength training company in the nation. Moreover, you will grow your network by connecting with other strength training business owners from around the world.
As a personal trainer, REC will provide you with tangible training techniques to take back to your clients to implement right away for better results. REC is approved by ACSM, NASM, ACE, and NSCA for continuing education credits.
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th March 2020 at the gorgeous Graduate Hotel, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Join me and register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class personal training and business network, you must attend. Please register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
- 1:49 – Thom’s US Marines and career journey
- 9:33 – The Smarter Exercise Toolkit
- 14:52 – Why CAR.O.L bike is necessary in gyms
- 23:07 – Introductory rides and session pricing
- 28:51 – Impact on performance and cardio
- 35:09 – How to integrate CAR.O.L bikes to HIT workouts
- 43:56 – Marketing, attracting clients, and user experience
- 54:15 – Unit cost, setting up, testimonial
- 58:08 – Thom’s workout and diet
Selected Links from the Episode
- California State University
- The Super Slow Zone
- Super Slow Protocol
- Smarter Exercise
- Smarter Exercise CAR.O.L Bike pricing
- Encinitas, California
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Smarter Exercise Toolkit (Android)
- RenEx Machines
- Joeri App
- CAR.O.L Bikes
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- GTD® Methodology
- The Perfect Workout
- Ken Hutchins
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10 and Part 11)
- Dr. James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episode with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Rahul Bernath (Listen to my episode with Rahul HERE)
- David Allen (Listen to my episode with David HERE)
- Kyle Recchia (Listen to my episode with Kyle HERE)
- Fred Hahn (Listen to my episodes with Fred here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Celeste Fortier (Listen to my episode with Celeste HERE)
- Ana Nieto
- Bret Camisa