On a few episodes of Corporate Warrior, we’ve touched on the business of podcasting – how to get started, how to land high-profile guests, and how to grow your podcast, among other things.
Recently, I was interviewed on the Life As… show on 101.3 Flirt FM by the charming Tom Murphy, where we talked about what everyday life is like for a podcaster like myself, and we also touched on the importance of networking, how to create meaningful connections and relationships with people in order to grow your podcast, and a few other interesting tidbits you’ll want to hear if you’re at all interested in – or at the very least curious about – how to start and grow your own podcast.
Follow Corporate Warrior on Social Media:
Connect with Flirt FM
Connect with Life As…
- Life as… on Flirt FM
- Life as… on Mixcloud | Nov. 21, 2017 Episode with Lawrence Neal
- Life as… on Facebook
- Life as… on Twitter
In this episode, we cover:
- What day-to-day life is like being an independent podcaster
- What you need to know about finding your focus and niche, networking, and marketing
- How to make money and generate revenue in podcasting
- … and more!
Want to hear more about how to start and grow your own podcast? Check out these other podcast-centric Corporate Warrior episodes:
- #83: How To Start A Podcast, Land High-Profile Guests, and How to Make High Intensity Training Great
- #58: How To Start And Grow Your Podcast To Over 30,000 Downloads Per Month
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff and Discover Strength CEO, Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. There are courses for both trainers and trainees. So even if you’re not a trainer but someone who practices HIT, this course can help you figure out how to improve your progress and get best results. Check out Hituni.com, add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code ‘CW10’ to get 10% off your purchase!
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $1,000 OFF software licensing fees, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field.
Subscribe to my emails to get a FREE HIT workout progress sheet and eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Skyler Tanner – Click here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: Is there any aspect of the business of podcasting that you’re particularly curious about? Please let me know in the comments at the bottom of this post.
Click the link below to listen from the exact time stamp on Overcast:
- What do I say when my family asks me what I do? [5:17]
- How does the business of podcasting work? (On revenue streams) [6:18]
- On logistics and working with freelancers [8:02]
- On finding your specialty, knowing what to focus on, and finding your niche [8:56]
- How I became a podcaster (despite not really intending to become one) [10:01]
- On market demand, niches, and creating your own category [11:25]
- What is a typical day in my life as a podcaster like? (On social challenges and co-working spaces) [12:55]
- On the critical importance of networking – what it actually means and how to do it right [16:39]
- How to market your podcast (or whatever it is that you have to offer) effectively [19:08]
- On High-Intensity Training [23:06]
- My thoughts on Galway, Ireland (and why we made my way here) [25:24]
Selected Links from the Episode
- The Pareto Principle / The 80/20 rule
- ARX Fitness
- Amazon Affiliate Program
- Body By Science by Dr. Doug McGuff and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk! by Al Ries and Jack Trout ( Amazon US | Audiobook / Amazon UK | Audiobook )
- Bank of Ireland | Website | Bank of Ireland Workbench (Co-working Space)
- Elevator Pitch
- 1000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly
- Insanity Workout