When it comes to Lifehacking, Productivity, and Getting Things Done in business and in life, there is a constant stream of content pouring out from a seemingly endless number of gurus and experts out there. That said, the more familiar you become with these worlds, two start to really stand out: Tim Ferriss and Gary Vaynerchuk.
Tim and Gary are two of the most successful self-made men in business and in life today, in no small part due to their willingness to share their thoughts, experiences, and learned expertise in entrepreneurship, personal development, and everything in between that has to do with achieving sustained success in business and in life.
In this inbetweenisode, I try to reconcile the seeming differences between Tim Ferris’ approach to Gary Vaynerchuk’s approach to social media, business, and entrepreneurship and the important lessons you can learn and immediately put to use to get the right balance of hustle and focus.
Follow Corporate Warrior on Social Media:
In this episode, we cover:
- The single biggest mistake critics of both Tim and Gary make, and why this matters
- The differences between how Tim Ferriss and Gary Vaynerchuck approach social media in the context of business and entrepreneurship – and what you can learn from both of them
- What you should take away from both Tim and Gary’s approaches to get the best of both worlds
- … and more!
Want to listen to more inbetweenisodes on business, productivity, and personal development? Make sure you check out previous episodes:
- #97: How to Use Batching to Boost Your Productivity and Reduce Stress in Business and in Life
- #83: How To Start A Podcast, Land High-Profile Guests, and How to Make High Intensity Training Great
- #79: How To 10x Your Sales Productivity And Finally Build That HIT Business
- #67: How To Become The Best Version Of You
- #58: How To Start And Grow Your Podcast To Over 30,000 Downloads Per Month
- #52: Checklists – The Secret To Optimal Productivity in Lifestyle, Career and Business
- #48: High-Intensity Bodyweight Training Routines, How to Improve Your HIT Workouts For Better Results and Efficiency, Detailed Nutrition Plan, and Tracking and Improving Your Biomarkers
- #44: How to Lose Fat Effectively, Maximise Muscle Gain, and Increase Productivity
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $1,000 OFF software licensing fees, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field.
Subscribe to my emails to get a FREE HIT workout progress sheet and eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Skyler Tanner – Click here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What’s YOUR approach when it comes to having the right balance of hustle and focus? Please let me know in the comments at the bottom of this post.
Click the link below to listen from the exact time stamp on Overcast:
- On reconciling the seemingly polar opposite viewpoints and approaches that Tim Ferriss and Gary Vaynerchuk have when it comes to business and entrepreneurship [4:30]
- How people commonly misunderstand Tim Ferriss and his approach to business and lifestyle… [6:43]
- … and how people commonly misunderstand Gary Vaynerchuk, along the same lines [8:23]
- The common mistake Tim and Gary’s critics often fall into and what you can learn from it [11:20]
- Tim and Gary’s differing approaches to social media and content creation [13:01]
- Tim’s minimalist approach to social media, content creation, and SEO [13:32]
- On Kevin Kelly’s 1000 True Fans and why Tim is a proponent [14:11]
- On effectively using social media platforms and your target audience [15:29]
- Gary’s seemingly maximalist approach to social media [16:38]
- Where Tim Ferriss and Gary Vaynerchuk really differ – which approach is more sustainable? [18:53]
- On social media platforms being optimized for distraction – what you should know [21:52]
- On designing your life and having crazy hustle [23:25]
- You have to do you [25:47]
Selected Links from the Episode
- Type A and Type B personality theory
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- The Tim Ferriss Show (Podcast)
- The #AskGaryVee Show | Podcast | Episode 185: Seth Godin on Thought Leaders, Psychics & The Future of the Internet
- New York Jets | Website
- New York Knicks | Website
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 1000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly
- Facebook Ads
- Google AdWords | Website
- Growth Hacking
- Facebook Live
- The New York Times | New York Times Best Seller List | Website