John Heart (@MrAHeart and Insta: @mraheart) is a renowned bodybuilder, trainer and teacher within the fitness industry. He has won the title of Mr. America and Natural Mr. Universe. His primary platforms used for training/teaching include in-gym, YouTube, and all forms of social media including Facebook.
John currently trains in-gym clients in Los Angeles, California and manages his online presence through MrAmericaHeart.com. He is also the official online trainer of Mike Mentzer’s Heavy Duty Training System.
Listen to my Part 1 with John HERE
John’s Athletic Achievements/Highlights:
- 2013-present – Worldwide: Competed as WNBF Natural Professional Bodybuilder in 4 professional events, usually placing between 2nd – 6th
- 2013 – Secaucus, New Jersey: Won the Light Heavy & Overall title of INBF Mr.
- 2012 – Secaucus, New Jersey: Won the Light Heavy class of INBF Mr. America
- 2001 – Los Angeles, California: Won Tall class of ABA Natural Mr. Universe
In this episode we dig into many of the questions you submitted regarding all of the nuances of high intensity training. We get into a lot of detail and address many of the hair splitting debates and questions within the industry.
In this episode, we cover:
- High Carb vs High Protein Diets
- Is SuperSlow less effective than other exercise protocols?
- Is time under load important for muscular failure and muscle reactivation
Would you like me to help you grow your strength training business? – click HERE
Get 10% off High Intensity Training Courses and Certifications – click HERE
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by VitalExercise.com, a one-of-kind personal training facility in the UK owned and run by world-class personal trainer, Ted Harrison. For over 30 years, Ted has been very successful in helping people achieve great results, and, if you’ve seen the blog posts for his episodes on this podcast, you’ve seen that he walks the walk. For 57, he looks amazing!
Operating from a HIT base, Ted uses an eclectic mix of training styles to optimise results for his clients. Ted put me through one of the best workouts of my life and is someone I go to for advice often.
To book a free consultation either at his facility in Essex in the UK or to find out more about his virtual coaching, which includes personalised training, nutritional and motivational advice, go here where you can fill in a contact form or phone Ted directly for more info.
Selected Links from the Episode
- Mr. America’s Shape-Up Series: The entire 5-part series here in one collection! ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Physique 101: YOUR ideal physique in the shortest time possible! ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- HCL + Pepsin ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Digestive Enzymes ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Paleo Diet
- Katch-McArdle Formula
- Super Slow
- MedX Exercise Equipment
- Pistol squat
- Mr America Heart (John Heart YouTube)
- High Intensity Training
- Dr Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Arthur Jones
- Mike Mentzer
- Drew Baye (Listen to my episodes with Drew here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7)
- Simon Shawcross (Listen to my episodes with Simon here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Jay Vincent (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6)
- Joanne Sharkey