Bill Desimone is one of the world’s leading experts in applying exercise biomechanics. He’s been a personal trainer for 30+ years and he’s the author of Moment Arm Exercise and Congruent Exercise: How to Make Weight Training Easier on your Joints.
I have wanted to speak with Bill ever since I saw him present on The 21 Convention. It was a real pleasure to get a unique perspective on all things health and fitness related.
This episode is sponsored by Hituni.com, the best online courses in high intensity strength training. I recently completed their personal trainer course to increase my knowledge and become certified in HIT. HITuni offer DIY courses to help you get better results from your training and personal training courses to help you start and grow your HIT Business. Visit HITuni.com and use the code “HIB10” to get 10% OFF.
– Tips on building a successful personal training business
– Benefits of cardio on mood and fat loss
– Benefits of stretching and restoring postural deficits
– How to reduce lower back pain
– Benefits of high intensity strength training
– Is HIT the most effective exercise protocol?
– Bill’s personal workout routine
– How to avoid acute and long term injury during exercise whilst getting optimal results
– The risks of P90x and Crossfit
– Do kettle bells have a place in a healthy workout?
– What is the best way to increase muscular size?
– How important is it to have a movement practice?
– Bill’s favourite health and fitness books
– Bill’s top tips and philosophy on health and fitness
– What exactly Bill did to get into competition condition
– The 5.9 diet
If you enjoyed this interview, please consider leaving a review (it really helps to promote the podcast):