Martin Gibala, Ph.D. is a professor and chair of the Department of Kinesiology at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada. His research on the health benefits of interval training has attracted immense scientific attention and worldwide media coverage. He is the author of a bestselling book, The One-Minute Workout: Science Shows a Way to Get Fit That’s Smarter, Faster, Shorter.
Martin has published more than a hundred peer-reviewed articles, is frequently invited to speak at international scientific meetings, and has received multiple awards for teaching excellence.
- HIT vs HIIT – do you need both?
- The potential downsides of HIIT
- How HIIT can help you perform in endurance based events
- …. and much, much more
Let me know what you think about the HIT vs HIIT debate in the comments below!
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
Join a high-calibre community of HIT entrepreneurs and grow your high intensity strength training business – Click Here
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
Selected Links from the Episode
- High intensity interval training
- High intensity training
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Dr Doug McGuff and John R. Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- The One-Minute Workout Designed by Scientists — Dr. Martin Gibala (Tim Ferriss Show Podcast)
- Twelve Weeks of Sprint Interval Training Improves Indices of Cardiometabolic Health Similar to Traditional Endurance Training despite a Five-Fold Lower Exercise Volume and Time Commitment
- VO2 max
- Wingate test
- Cardiorespiratory fitness
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Muscle hypertrophy
- Galway, Ireland
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman by Tim Ferriss ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Tough Mudder
- Survival of the Fittest
- Effect of resistance training on inflammatory markers of older adults: A meta-analysis
- Resistance exercise for muscular strength in older adults: a meta-analysis
- Psychological and behavioural responses to interval and continuous exercise