Dorian Yates won the Mr. Olympia title six consecutive times from 1992 to 1997. He has the fifth-highest number of Mr. Olympia awards of all time and is widely considered to be one of the top bodybuilders in modern history and is most known for his wide back.
In this episode, Dorian and I dig into a lot of topics in relation to high intensity training and bodybuilding including:
- The influence of Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones on Dorian’s training philosophy and protocols
- Single sets vs multiple sets, and advanced techniques
- The lack of HIT in modern bodybuilding
- The cause of Dorian’s injuries and how he would have trained differently
- His bodybuilding lifestyle and daily routine
- … and much, much more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
Learn how to build a successful strength training business HERE
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference – The Science and Application of Strength Training for Health and Human Performance
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my second appearance at REC. It was my favourite weekend of 2018, and I am very excited to attend again this year. There will be key note presentations from Dr Doug McGuff, Dr Jeremy Loenneke, Dr James Fisher, and Luke Carlson. The attendee has become the centre of the conference and there will be a new element where the audience will participate in a crowd sourcing activity to address challenges, questions, and goals for the keynotes to address head on.
The conference will be held on the 22nd and 23rd March 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, at The Graduate Hotel.
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class strength training network, I highly recommend you come along and Register Here Now (please add “Corporate Warrior” to the “How did you hear about us” section).
Selected Links from the Episode
- Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty
- Heavy Duty by Mike Mentzer
- Heavy Duty II: Mind and Body by Mike Mentzer
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Flex Magazine
- MedX Corporation
- Dorian Yates on High Intensity Training, Injury Prevention, and Building Maximum Muscle (The Tim Ferriss Show)
- Joe Rogan Experience #989 – Dorian Yates
- Decision Fatigue