David Landau (Exarchives[@]aol.com) is the owner of Advanced Exercise located in Miami, Florida which offers high tech training in all phases of HIT/Nautilus Protocol. He is a highly respected HIT trainer with over 40 years of experience and rubs shoulders with many of the world’s greatest exercise thinkers, body builders and old-time strong men.
Over the years, Landau has amassed one of the largest exercise archive collection in the country, stimulated by doing extensive personal historical research. He has written several controversial articles and his reputation for being brash and outspoken on training and nutrition has turned him into a controversial figure in health and fitness.
Improve your HIT results with David Landau’s consultations – Contact via Facebook or email to exarchives[@]AOL.com
In this episode, David talks about how speed of movement affects safety in training, the dangers of CrossFit, how to train to succeed, tips on how to optimize recovery, his personal workout and much more. Don’t miss out!
Access exclusive content from HIT experts inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 02:34 – What David has been working currently?
- 07:50 – How speed of movement affects safety in training?
- 16:41 – David’s personal training and other businesses
- 19:33 – Why David decided not to scale his business?
- 24:46 – What are the dangers of CrossFit?
- 28:40 – David’s thoughts on the use of modern machines in fitness studios
- 34:08 – How to know that you’re ready for the next exercise?
- 36:20 – A purist’s perspective on scaling HIT business
- 39:15 – Why HIT purists criticize non-purist HIT trainers?
- 47:37 – ARX vs. Exerbotics
- 50:57 – David’s review of the HOIST ROC-IT machine
- 54:35 – What are David’s new discoveries in training?
- 1:00:18 – What is David’s current workout?
- 1:07:33 – How training to failure becomes counterproductive?
- 1:13:04 – Tips on how to optimize recovery
- 1:18:09 – How David tracks his calorie intake?
- 1:27:03 – How David maintains his muscle mass at the age of 62?
Selected Links for the Episode
- Advanced Exercise
- Miami, Florida
- Nautilus Machines
- MedX Machines
- Gold’s Gym
- Super Slow Protocol
- Youngstown, Ohio
- The Return of the Primitive: The Anti-Industrial Revolution by Ayn Rand
- Battle Ropes
- Exerbotics Machines
- Super Slow: The Ultimate Exercise Protocol
- HOIST ROC-IT Machines
- X-Force Body
- IHRSA Conference
- Cybex Machines
- David Fitness Equipment
- The 21 Convention
- Duke University
- Arthur Jones
- Dr. Ellington Darden
- Bob Hoffman
- Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Ayn Rand
- Dr. Bryce Lee (Listen to my episode with Bryce Lee HERE)
- Joe Mullen
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8 and Part 9)
- Steve Reeves
- Reg Park
- James Krieger (Listen to my episode with James HERE)
- Dr. Brad Schoenfeld (Listen to my episodes with Brad here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Fred Hahn (Listen to my episode with Fred HERE)
- Tom Brady
- Kevin Durant
- Jim Flanagan (Listen to my episodes with Jim here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Donald Trump