Brian Murray (brian @ strongwomenrock.xyz) is the founder and owner of Strong Women Rock. He holds a Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology from Auburn University and has spent the last 25 years in getting further and further outside the exercise box studying about the effects of brief and intense muscle contraction on body composition change with age. As an expert in strength training and fat loss, Brian, has been featured in Fox News and CNN.
He is the Director of Clinical Research at ViiV Fitness working on the revolutionary ViiV Isometric Machine. Brian also wrote the best-selling book, Stop Trying To Lose Weight — You’re Making Yourself Fatter, which presents evidence of the health benefits of properly performed, maximal isometric contractions.
In this episode, Brian Murray talks about the ViiV machine and isometrics, the 20-second isometric workout, why he thinks isometrics is the next evolution of health and fitness, and much more.
Build your $1,000,000+ HIT studio and Join HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 2:58 – The ViiV machine and isometric workout
- 20:01 – Benefits of doing isometric exercises
- 29:27 – HIT community reactions about isometrics
- 34:30 – Isometric vs. Isotonic contractions
- 42:44 – Scientific studies about isometric training
- 47:46 – Correlation of isometrics to dynamic performance
- 53:51 – ViiV machine vs. gravity based machines
Selected Links from the Episode
- Auburn University
- Stop Trying To Lose Weight — You’re Making Yourself Fatter: The Way To A Better Body Is Not What You Think by Brian Murray
- Strong Women Rock
- ViiV Fitness
- ViiV-Rx Isometric Strength Training Machine (Video)
- Super Slow Protocol
- Super Slow: The Ultimate Exercise Protocol by Ken Hutchins
- Isometric Exercise
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- ARX Machines
- MedX Machines
- RenEx Machines
- Nautilus Machines
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)