Tim Ryan (info @ stronglifetraining.com) is a Master Super Slow instructor and owner of Strong Life Personal Training in Barrington, Illinois. He has 40 years of experience in the health and fitness field operating various personal training businesses, mentoring exercise instructors, and taking part in exercise equipment design. Tim has earned various national fitness certifications from ACSM, ACE, and the Super Slow Exercise Guild.
Listen to Part 1-2:
In this episode, Tim joins me for Part 3 of our HIT Fundamentals Series where he talks about the effects of movement speed on safety and performance, super slow protocols, passivity in exercise, and much more.
Contact Tim for workshops, seminars, and mentorship here:
- Website: stronglifetraining.com
- Email: info @ stronglifetraining.com
- Phone (US): 630-862-5176
This podcast episode is brought to you by ARX
Do you struggle to attract and retain clients in your strength training studio? ARX machines use breakthrough motorized resistance and computer software to give your clients the perfect workout every time, so you can start to deliver great workouts and grow your business with confidence. Get $500 OFF by going to ARXFit.com/HIB and booking a call with the ARX sales team – Book Here
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:10 – Effects of movement speed on safety and performance
- 22:41 – SuperSlow – types, instruction, execution, what’s best?
- 31:13 – Therapeutic effects of slow movement speed
- 36:42 – The dangers of dogmatism in protocols
- 44:56 – Passivity in exercise and how to overcome it
- 1:04:54 – Systems in business, teaching tools