Brian D. Johnston (logicbdj @ hotmail.com) is the developer of Zone Training and Triangular Training methods. He has authored 20 books on the subject of exercise and nutrition science, is a contributor to the Merck Medical Manuals, and has written for various magazines including Iron Man Magazine and Olympian News. He specializes in the area of spinal rehabilitation, bodybuilding, and athletic strength training.
In this episode, Brian talks about cluster sets, blitz cycles, zone training, exercise programming for seniors, business and personal training tips, and much more.
This podcast episode is brought to you by ARX
Do you struggle to attract and retain clients in your strength training studio? ARX machines use breakthrough motorized resistance and computer software to give your clients the perfect workout every time, so you can start to deliver great workouts and grow your business with confidence. Get $500 OFF by going to ARXFit.com/HIB and booking a call with the ARX sales team – Book Here
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 2:50 – Updates on personal life, writing, and music
- 6:54 – Latest workout routine (cluster sets)
- 22:17 – Improvising workouts for muscle agitation
- 29:40 – Favorite chest exercises, workout schedule, fitness goals
- 40:44 – What are Blitz Cycles?
- 44:28 – Brian’s clientele and target market
- 49:59 – Exercise program for seniors
- 1:04:40 – What makes a great personal trainer?
- 1:12:41 – How to build a strong client base
- 1:18:33 – Training and motivation tips
Selected Links from the Episode
- Merck Medical Manuals
- Iron Man Magazine
- The Olympian News
- 70 – Brian Johnston – Freestyle Exercise System for Optimising Muscular Development
- Smith Machine
- Zercher Squat
- Frank Zane’s Leg Blaster
- Nautilus Inc.
- Vince Gironda’s Chest Press
- 342 – Dr Bryce Lee – What Should You Do Alongside High Intensity Strength Training?
- Dave Draper’s Top Squat
- Mr. Olympia
- UnGuru Your Life