Dr Doug McGuff is the co-author of Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week. He owns Ultimate Exercise, a personal training facility in Seneca, South Carolina, which provides high intensity training using the “SuperSlow” protocol to help clients achieve their health and body composition goals.
Schedule a consult with Doug HERE
In this episode, Dr Doug McGuff shares insights on training frequency and intensity, workout journaling, recovery techniques, sleep and relaxation, and much more.
Get more clients than you can handle – Join HIT Business Membership
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 00:53 – What training frequency is best?
- 13:09 – How to select the ideal frequency for clients
- 21:54 – Training intensity, recovery, workout journaling
- 37:18 – Importance of hydration and healthy diet
- 45:34 – How sleep affects recovery, Thoughts on blue blockers
- 54:24 – Relaxation techniques to manage stress
Selected Links from the Episode
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Dr. Doug McGuff and John Little
- Ultimate Exercise
- Weekend at Bernie’s
- MedX Machines
- The 21 Convention
- Good to Go: How to Eat, Sleep and Rest Like a Champion by Christie Aschwanden
- Good to Go: What the Athlete in All of Us Can Learn from the Strange Science of Recovery by Christie Aschwanden
- Binaural Beats
- Circadian Rhythm
- Waking Up App