Bill DeSimone is an ACE-certified health coach, Senior Fitness Specialist, and owner of Optimal Exercise in Cranbury, New Jersey, and has certifications in Functional Anatomy, Functional Fitness, and Orthopaedic Exercise. He started training people in 1983 at the Sports Training Institute in New York City.
He developed the Joint-Friendly Fitness Project, which draws on anatomy and biomechanics, providing clients with all the benefits of regular exercise while reducing the risk of injuries. He is the author of Congruent Exercise and Moment Arm Exercise.
In this episode, Bill DeSimone talks about his new book Joint-Friendly Fitness, which covers updates on exercises, safety precautions around exercises involving the postural muscles, weight recommendations on different exercises, Joint-Friendly Fitness full body routines, and much more.
Are you a personal trainer? Or are you just looking to refine your own workout regimen and maximize your gains in the safest and smartest ways possible? Make sure you check out Bill’s Book, Joint-Friendly Fitness.
Get an email featuring an exercise page from Joint-Friendly Fitness HERE.
Build A Great HIT Business That Your Clients Will Love — Join the HIT Business Membership Today
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:11 – What is Joint-Friendly Fitness about?
- 11:28 – Challenging the HIT paradigm
- 18:45 – Different exercises omitted in the book
- 25:20 – Viewpoint around spine extension (w/ weights) over BOSU Dome
- 37:10 – Safety precautions for lumbar extension exercise
- 51:16 – Recommended weights on calf knee flexion
- 55:51 – Joint-Friendly full body routine
- 1:01:57 – Bill DeSimone’s workout routine
- 1:14:34 – The best Joint-Friendly Fitness photo
- 1:24:05 – Tips on productivity and email list building
Selected Links from the Episode
- Joint-Friendly Fitness: Your Guide to the Optimal Exercise Program by Bill DeSimone
- Optimal Exercise
- Congruent Exercise: How To Make Weight Training Easier On Your Joints by Bill DeSimone
- Moment Arm Exercise by Bill DeSimone
- Nautilus Inc.
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Functional Training + HIT course
- BOSU Dome
- MedX Machines
- Super Slow: The Ultimate Exercise Protocol